If you live in the area and are interested in giving your time to the ranch, we invite you to complete our online Volunteer Interest Form.
Our Local Volunteers must be age 10 or older. If a youth age 17 or under is interested in volunteering, he or she must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian or approved as a Youth Volunteer. We love having families volunteer together, and much of our daily chore list is completed by groups of individual adults, parents and kids working side by side. Please keep in mind that we do not offer childcare for volunteers. It is the volunteers’ responsibility to watch his or her children at all times while at the ranch.
Local Volunteer Application Process
• Complete & Submit a Background Check application.
• Go to our Donate Now button and Pay $20 to process the Background check.
• Once we recieve the completed Background check; Payment to process the Background check and Background check is Approved:
• We will invite you to attend a scheduled Info Clinic.
• After you attend a volunteer info clinic; you have the opportunity to complete a volunteer application.
• We will schedule you for an informal interview.
• Once you are approved as a volunteer, we we will schedule volunteer sessions at WHY Ranch.
We rely on this team of volunteers to help our staff with the daily task list, as well as miscellaneous jobs that arise. If you have a specific skill or gift that you would like to offer be sure to indicate that on your application.